Bass High School

Safe, Respectful Learners

Telephone02 9726 3644

Parents and carers

As a parent or carer, you are an important part of our school community. We offer a range of services to support you and your family.

Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C)

Our Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C) is made up of parents and carers, teachers and community members. 

Our P&C committee is a dedicated group of parents and community members who collaborate to support school in various aspects such as:

  1. Fundraising: Organising events and activities to raise funds for school resources, infrastructure, and programs.
  2. Community Engagement: Fostering a sense of community by involving parents and citizens in school activities and decision-making processes.
  3. Advocacy: Representing the interests and concerns of the school community to the school executives and administrations.
  4. Support: Providing practical support for school initiatives and events, such as volunteer work or assisting in the organisation of school functions.

How to join our P&C Association

Our P&C Forum are held in Weeks 4 and 8 of each term. Please contact the school to join our P&C Association. Bass High School encourages all parents and caregivers to attend our P&C meetings. Your participation helps strengthen our community and enhances the educational experience for all our students. 

The Bass High School parents and citizens' association (P&C) meet at school every month. We will keep you updated with dates and times via website, Facebook and the school app (School Stream).

Counselling for families

The school counsellor can assist when families undergo a trauma or big change. Contact us to make an appointment. For information in community languages, see school counselling service.

Outside of the education system, free telephone counselling services are available to support families who may be going through a difficult time.

  • Lifeline – 24-hour telephone counselling service. Ph: 13 11 14.
  • Mensline Australia – 24-hour telephone counselling service for men. Ph: 1300 789 978.
  • Parent line – an advice and information service. Ph: 1300 1300 52.

Interpreting and translations

We will help you communicate with our school. If you’d like an interpreter for a school meeting, let us know and we will arrange one, if available.

If you don’t speak or understand English well and want to contact us, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter in your language. The operator will call the school and get an interpreter to help. This service is free.

For more information, listen in your language.

Visit the department’s translated documents section for important information that’s relevant for your child’s education in many languages.

Related content